Mainly ocean export/import forwarding operations including inland services Rate negotiation with vendors; interact with customers, vendor and foreign agents with excellent service and manner; obtain new bookings from current customers Provide the best shipping option as per customer’s requirements; A to Z efficient daily operations from inquiries, bookings, documentation, customer service, billing instruction to closing of shipments; the coordination of challenging shipments as required by clients of the branch requires a great deal of responsibility when you deal with these interesting and exciting freight movements. Those shipments may cross all modes of transportation and may include many over-sized loads. Thus, you must be well versed in all modes of freight and have excellent experience with oversized/project cargo.
- Coordinate the day-to-day import and export of international freight forwarding shipments across all modes of international transportation based on customer requests.
- Responsible for complete air and ocean shipment data processing in Operation system including: quoting, routing, monitoring, coordinating the pickup/delivery scheduling, AES entry, interfacing with customs brokers and operational milestone updates.
- Responsible for all aspects of air and/or ocean international operations – customer service, data entry of shipments, operations and billing.
- Working with customers to qualify their shipping requirements and obtain all details necessary for shipment quotation and operating in order to ensure the customer’s request is satisfied.
- Provide excellent customer service via phone or e-mail interaction with customers, vendors, customs and global agent/organization network.
- Manage all aspects of tracking shipments to ensure shipment is moving as scheduled.
- Identify and rectify if a shipment has deviated from its scheduled transit schedule in an effort to correct shipment and achieve customer expectation and satisfaction.
- Ensuring shipments are properly billed within company guidelines and timelines.
- Ensuring customers’ SOP’s instructions are adhered and internal KPI are followed and met.
- Partner with Air Carriers and Steamship lines to accurately and timely book all shipments.
- Partner with local sales teams to communicate problems to customers, international partners and other stations as needed.
Qualifications / Education and Experience Requirements:
- Familiar with CargoWise One
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred in business, supply chain, logistics or transportation management preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ transportation industry experience in export/import operations
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience and knowledge in the freight forwarding industry required
- Previous work experience in TSA, ITAR and Dangerous Goods regulations preferred
- Experience in FMC ocean carrier rate filing is a plus
- Ability to calculate freight rates and amounts such percentages, area, circumference, and volume
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Customer service oriented, excellent manner with customers, vendors and partners
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite, Excel and Outlook mandatory
- A team player and strong work ethic, growth mindset
- Very organized and attention to details
- Know how to prioritize the work
- Able to keep up with fast pace and flexibility to handle multi-job tasks
- Ocean/Air Freight 5+ year (Required)
- Chicago, IL , New York , NY , and Los Angeles, CA
Apply on-line or E-mail resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org